3 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Weymouth is a Georgian seaside resort that is both famous and infamous in equal parts. It was one of the first beach resorts to become fashionable, helped in no small part by King George III’s penchant for the town and bathing waters; more recently, Weymouth was host to all sailing events during the 2012 Olympic Games. However, Weymouth Harbour was also the unfortunate gateway through which the Black Death plague entered Britain in the 14th century killing around a third of the country’s population. Photographically, the resort is blessed with a long and arcing sandy beach, a historic harbour and the attractive architecture of its Georgian seafront.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.