Shoot with care
The sea here can be very fierce so take extreme care if shooting close to the waters edge. Also be conscious of the tide and if walking round the headland make sure you don't get cut off.
About this spot
Reynisfarna beach is a black sand beach close to the town of Vik. From the headland three sea stacks jut out into the sea, which is fierce and wild here. Care should be taken not to get too close to the waters edge - the sea is so fierce here it has been known for many a photographer to lose their tripod and camera to the waves.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.