View of Derwent Water
1 images 1 contributors Shoot freely
About this spot
Derwentwater is the widest of the lakes in the Lake District. Overlooked by the mighty Skiddaw, it has recently been designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest to help protect the rare species of wildlife that inhabit the lake and its surroundings.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.