About this spot
The trail from Happy Isles to the top of Nevada Fall is one of the most popular trails in the park. Although most people opt to hike just a portion of the trail, with a majority of them stopping at the Vernal Fall Footbridge (0.8 mile; 1.3 km). Other hardy souls proceed onward, and upward to the top of Vernal Fall (1.5 m; 2.4 km) and the Emerald Pool. The hardiest hikers proceed, again onward and upward to the top of Nevada Fall (3.4 m; 5.5 km). There are many views of the two falls as you proceed along the trail.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.