About this spot
The Upper Geyser Basin is home to the largest concentration of thermal features in the world. Nearly ¼ of all the geysers in the world are in the Upper Geyser Basin. The best place to start an exploration of this area is from the Old faithful Visitor Education Center. Here you will find information on the area including the predicted eruption times of 5 major geysers. Old Faithful, Riverside, Castel, Grand and Daisy Geysers are all predictable, and if you have this information before you start wandering the geyser basin you can plan your route to take advantage of as many eruptions as possible. Besides Old Faithful, if you can only get to see one other geyser erupt, I would recommend timing your visit to witness an eruption of Grand Geyser. You will not be disappointed and you will see why its name is fitting. While there are close to 500 active thermal features in the Upper Geyser Basin, this guide covers 25 Spots that warrant your photographic attention. Take your time and see how many spots you can cover.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.