About this spot
The 65-foot tall tower of Umpqua River Lighthouse, perched high above the river, houses a lens which emits an alternating red and white beam. That signal is unique to this lighthouse on the Oregon coast. The large, first-order Fresnel lens in one of the few remaining working lights of its type in the country.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.