About this spot
Sawmill geyser can be one of the most active in the basin. Eruptions can last between 20 minutes and 4 hours, but most common are eruptions of 30-50 minutes. Sawmill has three “modes” of eruption and when it is in “Sawmill mode” it is active 30% of the time with intervals between 1-3 hours. Eruptions range from 3-35 feet (.09-10.6 m). If you hang around this area long enough, or pass by frequently, odds are you will see an eruption of Sawmill Geyser.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.