About this spot
Morning Glory Pool is one of the most famous thermal features in the park. In the past the road ran right by the pool and it was the first feature you came to when going to the Old Faithful area, leading it to be one of the most visited sights in the park. That popularity came with a price. Many tourists treated the pool as a wishing well, throwing coins, clothes and other debris into the vent. This caused the vent to get choked, and the amount of hot water available to the pool to diminish. The cooler temperatures have changed the colors of the pool and it no longer has the delicate blue color for which it was named, and the orange and yellow cyanobacteria ring is much broader.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.