UGB - Lion Geyser Group
2 images 1 contributors
About this spot
The Lion Geyser Group consists of 4 geyserite cones and 3 springs all in close proximity on Geyser Hill. Only two erupt with any regularity and they are Lion Geyser and Little Cub Geyser. Lion Geyser has an unpredictable cycle that can be from 6-50 hours. This is a geyser that if you do see it, it is likely you will be in another section of the geyser basin, because it would be a matter of luck to be nearby during an eruption. Since the geyser sits on a large cone on top of geyser hill, it is easily seen from various locations. The cone itself is impressive from the boardwalk on Geyser Hill and you have a good view of Castle Geyser in the background.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.