UGB - Grand Geyser
2 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Grand Geyser certainly lives up to its name; it is one of the best shows in Yellowstone. Grand Geyser is the tallest predictable Geyser in the world with eruptions every 7-15 hours. An eruption of Grand Geyser last between 9-12 minutes and can reach a height of 200 feet (60m). Grand erupts in a series of bursts with the first burst lasting 7.5 – 9 minutes; the first burst reaches heights of approximately 100 feet (30.48m). Then the geyser stops erupting and you think the show is over, but stay put, it will be followed by 3-4 blasts that reach between 170-200 feet (51.8-60m). Even though there is usually a 2-hour window of time on the predicted time of Grand Geyser it is worth the wait. If you don’t want to sit the whole time, I recommend you visit the other geyser and springs in close proximity to Grand and be prepared to run over when the eruption starts, it will a show you will never forget!
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.