About this spot
Depression Geyser sits on the edge of Geyser Hill overlooking the Firehole River. This small fountain-type geyser erupts about once a day on an unpredictable schedule between 8-12 hours with a height between 4-10 feet (1.21-3.05 m) for a duration of about 5 minutes. It erupts from a small but deep pool giving it a pretty blue color.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.