UGB - Castle Geyser
5 images 2 contributors
About this spot
Castle Geyser is one of my favorite features in Yellowstone. The geyser has distributed many different behaviors over the years but currently it erupts every 10-12 hours from its approximately 12 feet high geyserite cone, with water blasting 90 feet (27m) that lasts about 20 minutes. After the water eruption, Castle steams noisily for 30-40 minutes. Photographically Castle takes on many personalities at different times of the day and depending on levels of activity. From a sleeping giant to a powerful force you can photograph Castle many times and always have a different experience.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.