About this spot
Beehive Geyser over the years has been an unpredictable geyser. There are times in the past where its eruptions were days to weeks apart and times where intervals were 16-20 hours apart. Currently Beehive is erupting an average of twice a day. The eruptions are spectacular and can shoot a narrow plume 150-200 feet (45.7-61 m) into the air from its 4-foot (1.21 m) cone, lasting about 5 minutes.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.