About this spot
At an elevation of 8,600 feet, Tuolumne Meadows is one of the largest subalpine meadows in the Sierra Nevada Range. This large meadow is crossed with the meandering Tuolumne River. This is a very popular hiking, camping and rock climbing area in the park. There is a campground, visitor center, seasonal High Sierra Camp and small general store in the area. The meadow is quite large and here I have captured an area along the river by the only footbridge in the area. But feel free to explore a much larger area and look for unique views of the peaks and domes that can be reflected in the river.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.