About this spot
Republic Square is situated in the modern part of the city which was developed during the Socialist period after WW2 and was designed by Edvard Ravnikar. Independence of Slovenia was declared here on 26 June 1991.It is surrounded by the monumental buildings of Maximarket and two TR3 towers on the south and the parliament on the north.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.