About this spot
Some medieval manuscripts and parchments pre-date the founding of the "castrum Tophiae" in the early 10th century. Numerous recent archaeological findings also show that the area of the current Toffia was already inhabited from the late Bronze Age, about 1200-2000 years before Christ. Toffia was built on top of a steep rock spur for defensive purposes; thanks to its position on the hill and the rugged access routes, the village could be defended and controlled in the best possible way. During the XV century Toffia was disputed between the Orsini and Colonna families, and its most representative buildings date back to this period.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.