About this spot
This is one of my favourite dunes as it doesn’t require clouds or wind or anything special to produce the above photograph. On the contrary, it actually just needs plain old boring cloudless sunlight, which is available 317 days a year in Namibia. It is also protected by humanity’s laziness, as you have to walk a substantial distance from your car to get the shot. Fortunately all of the walk is on a flat gravel plain. No matter how tempting it is to drive to the dune, always keep in mind that it takes decades for a set of tracks to disappear naturally.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.