The Bishop’s palace and Earls palace.
3 images 1 contributors Shoot freely
About this spot
Spectacular ruins of Romanesque architecture built in the 1100’s . The building is in fact a straightforward two story tall house, however the history is fascinating with its strong Norse links . King Hakon of Norway died within its walls after an unsuccessful battle with the Scots at Largs in 1263.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers