Taylor Creek - Double Arch Alcove
3 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Located in the Kolob Canyons section of the park, the Middle Fork of Taylor Creek is a very scenic and highly recommended hike to a fantastic photographic location: A vast grotto-like alcove, topped by two closed arches carved in a 2000-foot cliff. The trail is easy and suitable for families with children. It is only 2.7 miles one-way to Double Arch Alcove on a mostly flat trail. You cross Taylor Creek dozens of times, but none of the crossings presents a challenge. The hike takes 2 ½ to 3 hours with lots of time for photography.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.