Sturminster Newton Mill
6 images 3 contributors
About this spot
Sturminster Newton Mill is one of a series of ancient flourmills built on the River Stour with evidence to suggest a mill, in some form, was present as far back as 1016. The present mill, with sections dating back to the 17th century, is L-shaped with the south wing sat on the riverbank - the mill can be shot from numerous vantage points around the River Stour. The weir that runs under the bridge leading across to the north bank will normally provide still conditions and picturesque reflections of the mill.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.