3 images 2 contributors
About this spot
Stair Hole, just west of Lulworth Cove, is a fantastic location not only to photograph, but also to understand how erosion is shaping the coast locally. The cove, no more than 100 yards wide, has great examples of all classic stages of erosion including caves, blowholes, arches, stacks and stumps. These geological points of interest also prove very photogenic, with the folded limestone strata known as the ‘Lulworth Crumple’ particularly visible at Stair Hole.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.