3 images 1 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
Not only is the ground in Yellowstone's geyser basin fragile, it is dangerous to walk off of the paths and broadwalks.
About this spot
Though Spasmodic Geyser is not very large (with eruptions from a few inches to about 15 feet) it is interesting in that it has two craters and about 20 vents. It's eruptions are erratic, but generally in the 1- to 3-hour range.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.