Sólheimasandur plane Wreck.
17 images 8 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
About this spot
This United States Navy plane crash landed on Sólheimasandur beach in 1973. Everybody on board survived and the plane fuselage was left on the beach afterwards and is now a popular tourist attraction, especially for photographers and therefore can get extremely busy.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.