About this spot
Shanghai’s Old Town, known as Nanshi, or southern city in Chinese, refers to the area that used to be the old walled city prior to the arrival of foreign powers. The city wall, which came down in 1912 roughly tracked what today is Renmin Road and Zhonghua Road. During the concession era it used to be referred to as the Chinese City, and today is still among the most traditionally Chinese areas of Shanghai.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.