About This Spot
The Seven Lakes Basin trip is a popular, but, challenging, 7.5 mile hike to Lunch Lake. The name suggest that there are seven lakes, but, actually, there are eight lakes and several tarns. Lunch Lake is the most popular and has a sprinkling of wildflowers around its shores by mid-July. The tarns, located above the lakes, are in a rocky meadow with a colorful assortment wildflowers by late-July. If planning to photograph, spend the night at Lunch Lake to catch both sunset and sunrise.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.