São Lourenço Viewpoint
6 images 1 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
About this spot
This is one of the most famous photo spots on Madeira. Ponta de São Lourenço is situated on the west part of the island, which varies seasonally in terms of dryness. During winter months when this part of Madeira gets more rain, this area is full with flowers and lush greens. There are several viewpoints along the hike, perfect to watch both sunrises and sunsets. You can walk the whole trail of Vereda de Ponta de São Lourenço. It should take no more than 3 hours both ways and has many stops along the way where you can see the sun go down behind the island.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.