About this spot
This church was built by the citizens to preserve, honor and venerate the image of the “miracoloso Crocifisso di Castelvecchio” at the wish of the bishop Poggi of San Miniato. According to legend, the wooden crucifix dating back to the nineteenth century was left in San Miniato by two hikers. The citizens of San Miniato brought it into the Tuscan cities during the war as a sign of peace and love.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.