About this spot
Founded in the 14th century as an oratory for the German hospice, Santa Maria dell’Anima has been the national church of the German community in Rome for centuries. Its bell tower is among the most beautiful in the city. On the altar of this very well maintained Renaissance church there is a valuable altarpiece by Giulio Romano depicting a Madonna with the Child in conversation with the Saints Marco and Giacomo.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.