About this spot
The Town of Rosalia is a small farming community in the northern Palouse area. It is part of the Palouse Scenic Byway. The downtown area along Whitman Avenue has a historic gas station, another old gas station with a collection of memorabilia including Vampira, an old stock car; several interesting old buildings; and an historic clock. East of downtown is the Steptoe Battlefield State Park. This small 4-acre park commemorates the 1858 battle between US Army Colonel Edward Steptoe and his soldiers against Native Americans from several tribes.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.