About this spot
The annual Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, during which millions of daffodils and tulips blooms in fields east of Mount Vernon, is held each April. The fields offer riotous color each spring until they are “topped” (flowers cut off) to promote healthy growth of the bulbs. Washington Bulb Co. is one of two major growers of flowering bulbs in the area. In addition to their flower fields, they operate a 5-acre display garden. The Roozengaarde display garden contains over 250,000 bulbs and features more than 90 types of tulips as well as many other flowering bulbs, including daffodils, crocus, and hyacinths. Each year, the garden is redesigned and replanted to offer unique designs. The photos accompanying this spot were taken courtesy of Washington Bulb Co., Inc.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.