About This Spot
Rialto Beach is one of the most popular for visitors to the Washington Coast. Just offshore lies James Island and several small satellite sea stacks which can look look beautiful at sunrise and sunset. Heading north along beach, watch for bald eagles perched in the trees. At one mile Ellen Creek empties into the ocean and hikers are forced to either wade or cross the water on slippery logs. Once across, find giant sea stacks and huge rocks on the beach. At 1.5 miles reach Hole-in-the-Wall, a giant headland with a hole through it. When the tide is out, pass directly through the wall to find tide pools and a broad band of layered rock right on the shore.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.