Pulau Derawan (Derawan island)
12 images 1 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
The marine habitats here are very fragile and under constant pressure. Locals are not yet aware of the impact so do not engage in practices that would harm wildlife or environment. Particularly the sea turtles that lay eggs on these islands should be left alone to do their thing.
About this spot
Derawan islands in East Kalimantan province are one of the most beautiful places of Borneo island. This tiny archipelago consists of several islands, each with its distinctive features.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
Offer ends March 28