2 images 1 contributors Shoot freely
About this spot
These ruins of an Austrian fortress date back to the Napoleon wars. There was a fierce battle during which Austrian and Croatian troops fended off the French armada and all of them died in battle. The Austrian emperor later erected a monument of a wounded lion which makes an amazing subject for a photo. It is possible to explore the ruins on foot - there is no entrance fee, park your car and climb up from the road.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
Offer ends March 28
This spot appears in 1 guide.