About this spot
The view from Portland’s northern cliffs back towards Weymouth, Chesil Beach and the gently arcing coastline that runs to Lyme in the far west of the county, is nothing short of breath-taking and rivals many a famous lookout point across the country. This is never truer than when the dropping summer sun interplays with storm fronts moving in from the English Channel.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.