8 images 2 contributors Shoot freely
About this spot
Portland Bill is the wider area in which the famous Portland Bill Lighthouse stands sentinel over. Taking the lighthouse out of the photographic equation, although not an easy task to do when there, the area still offers a wealth of photographic interest. In addition to the two older decommissioned lighthouses, the rusty cranes, sea stacks, coves, ledges, fishing boats and beach huts provide a lifetime of photographic opportunity – even before the ever changeable weather and sea conditions the area is know for are added to the mix.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.