About this spot
Point of the Arches has been called the most scenic area on the entire Washington Coast. Sea stacks in all shapes and sizes from arches to needles decorate the beach. There are caves, alcoves, large tide pools and several miles of sandy beach to photograph or just enjoy. The hike is partially on boardwalk and partially on dirt which tends to be muddy for much of the year. The trail reaches the Olympic National Park boundary at 2 miles then drops steeply to Shi Shi Beach. Continue south along a sandy shore which is difficult to walk at high tide. The best campsites are found 1.5 miles south of the end of the trail. These sites are located in the woods, protected from the weather. There are a couple of small sites located further south.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.