About this spot
Point Defiance Park, covering 760 acres, is one of largest urban park in the United States. It offers a zoo and aquarium, old-growth forest, saltwater beaches, mountain and Puget Sound viewpoints, and more than a half a dozen gardens. The Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium features animals of the Pacific Northwest, Southeast Asia, and the Arctic. Zoo animals include: polar bears, red wolves, arctic foxes, muskoxen, reindeer, elephants, tigers, clouded leopards, various apes, sea otters, walruses, sea lions, several types of sharks, tropical fish, Puget Sound fish, and more.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.