About this spot
Point Defiance Park, covering 760 acres, is one of largest urban parks in the United States. It offers a zoo and aquarium, old-growth forest, saltwater beaches, mountain and Puget Sound viewpoints, and more than a half a dozen gardens. The rose, dahlia, herb, fuchsia, iris, and Japanese gardens are all clustered fairly closely together. There are also rhododendron and native plant gardens, both located in natural settings and separate from the more formal gardens.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.