About this spot
The town walls were built between the 7th and 16th centuries and had eight battlement towers. The external side of the walls are angled in a defensive style and exceptionally high. A few years ago, some parts of the towers and the connecting walkways were renovated so that today the walls are accessible and can be visited. The views from the top of the walls are stunning and well worth the climb.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.