Shoot with care
The observatory space is narrow and limited. Tripods will interfere with other visitors.
About this spot
The Observatory is located at the top of a 447 ft/136.2 m tower on the Penobscot Narrows Bridge. It is reached by elevator. The Observatory space is limited and in peak season weekends (summer and fall) it can be very crowded with extended wait times. The view is spectacular, particularly in October during the fall foliage color change. The season runs from May 1 to October 31.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers