Shoot with care
About this spot
Passo Giau is one of the most beautiful and interesting passes of the all Dolomites both for visiting and for photography. The pass is dominated by the triangular shape of the mountain Ra Gusela. From the pass it is possible to have direct of Ra Gusela, as well as to Cernera mountain on the other side. From here you can also see many other famous peaks like Tofane, Cristallo, Lastoi de Formin, Marmolada, Sella Group and Col di Lana. During summer you’ll find many kinds of flowers, which make for the perfect foreground in pictures.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.