About this spot
Outer Banks Fishing Pier is located in South Nags Head and is the closest pier to Oregon Inlet. The pier is 600 feet long and very popular with fisherman and families. Pier amenities include the traditional tackle shop and fishing pole rentals as well as the non-traditional video games for the kids. It also features a busy restaurant/bar. This pier offers a fairly low-key alternative to the modern Jennette's Pier located just a couple miles to the north. Local and out-of-town fishermen come to spend a day, and all night too, on the pier. The view from the pier is of the typical beautiful beach with houses crowded right up to the edge of the dunes. One of the greatest draws for photographers is the numerous lights along the pier, which are on all night.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.