About this spot
An easy ½-mile hike drops down through dense temperate rainforest and leads to Short Sands Beach, a lovely cove bounded by rocky headlands. This is one of the best places you can visit to experience the combination of coastal forest, sandy beach and the rocky headlands that define the Oregon Coast. The headlands and beach also include some of the best hikes on the Oregon Coast Trail.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.