About this spot
This Gotham-esque, art deco concrete structure once housed Shanghai’s largest slaughterhouse and is the last remaining of this design in the world. Today it has been transformed - with mixed success - to an arts and food centre. But despite the attempts at gentrification, it remains little visited. The architecturally unique structure, complete with ramps, bridged walkways and winding staircases, remains intact and is pretty much free to wander around.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.