About this spot
Wildflowers and scenic vistas are the highlights of this excursion. As the road descends from the Hurricane Ridge parking area, look for clumps of lupine. The road descends then climbs along the side of the ridge to Waterhole. This is followed by a steep climb up Eagle Point to open meadows. Check for wildflowers on either side of road. The road ends at Obstruction Point, location of several interesting trailheads. For mountain views, head out Lillian Ridge on the Grand Lake trail for a mile. If wildflowers are your focus, head down to the Badger Valley meadows. The Olympic marmot is commonly viewed in this area, as well as, deer and grouse.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.