NGB - Steamboat Geyser
2 images 2 contributors
About this spot
Steamboat Geyser is the world's tallest active geyser, and can erupt to more than 300 feet (90m). It can erupt for anything between 3 and 40 minutes long and afterward thunder with powerful jets of steam. Steamboat’s eruptions are unpredictable and infrequent. It is more common to see Steamboat have minor eruptions with water bursts of 10-40 feet (3-12 m).
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.