NGB - Porcelain Springs
1 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Porcelain Springs is one of the most variable and changing areas in the geyser basin. Sometimes this area is flooded with water and other times it is almost dry and barren. This area is devoid of plant life due to the high acidic content of the water. The crust here is very fragile and new springs frequently pop up and old springs fill in with sediment.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.