About this spot
Colloidal Pool is approximately 102 x 50 feet (31 x 15 m) and appears as a group of pools ranging in color from a murky gray to a vibrant turquoise. Due the volatile nature of Norris Geyser Basin temperatures of the pools change frequently, which will cause the colors of the pools to shift, so when you visit the color may be different!
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.