About this spot
Cistern Spring (27 x 41 feet/ 8.2 x 12.5 m) is linked underground to Steamboat Geyser, the largest geyser in the world. When Steamboat erupts Cistern Springs can take between 1-3 days to replenish. The sinter terrace at Cistern Springs grows an average of 1.5 inches (3.81 cm) a year in contrast to Old Faithful which grows at that rate per century!
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.