About this spot
This unusual lighthouse was constructed in 1871 and decommissioned just three years later. Through cooperative state and community efforts it was restored and put back into service as a navigation aid in 1996. The light sits atop the lightkeeper’s residence, which is now open for visitors and fitted with period furnishings.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.